Some typical tests are listed below:
- Identification of bulk material by FTIR
- Microscopic imaging and surface characterization
- Determination of non-volatile filler content and polymer degradation
temperatures by TGA.
- Polymer lifetime prediction (ASTM E698) and activation energy by TGA
- Melting point determination and glass transition temperatures by DSC.
- Study of heat curable thermoset (like epoxy) cure kinetics by DSC
- Oxidative Induction Time by DSC to look at thermal stability
- Analysis of inorganic filler content by ICP.
A combination of FTIR, DSC, TGA and ICP can be used for material
characterization. This can aid in troubleshooting processing problems,
quality assurance of incoming raw materials, or failure analysis of the
PLACE MOUSE CURSOR OVER IMAGE TO SEE CALCULATIONS
DSC Scan of
enthalpy of the
TGA Scan of a
FTIR Scan of
BRAMCHEM TESTING LAB Inc.